Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Behaviorism: Pavlov, Thorndike, Watson and Skinner

Behaviorism: Pavlov, Thorndike, Watson and Skinner

(Corpuz and Lucas, 2007, Facilitating Learning, Module 10)

Responded by: G-one Paisones

ACTIVITY:

When I heard an academic competition of a school; I remembered Mrs. Degamo because she was my mentor in a scholastic competition called Science Investigatory Project. We won the second place on that time; indeed I was very happy because all faculties as well all students headed by Mrs. Degamo acknowledge and congratulated us on the merits we had received.

Mrs. Degamo also remembered me when there is a Science Investigatory Project competition among all participated schools; she often asked me for aid as an editor of their paper works of the said science project.

Thorndike’s Connection:

Topic: Microsoft Power Point

Grade/year Level: Fourth Year High School

Primary Law

How I would apply the Primary Law

Law of Readiness

As a teacher I would motivate the learner to study in advance the Microsoft Power Point.

Law of Effect

By using positive reinforcement, I would add an extra time to the learners in surfing and scrutinizing the computer. I would also acknowledge their curiosity and skills in computer.

Law of Exercise

As teacher I would stretch and keeping on practicing the learners ability and performance to make them equip and capable to use Microsoft Power Point.

LEARNING:

From this module on Behaviorism: Pavlov, Thorndike, Skinner, I learned that Thorndike’s theory on connectionism, stated that learning has taken place when a strong connection or bond between stimulus and response is formed.

I learned also the three primary laws on learning such as:

· Law of Readiness

· Law of Effect

· Law of Exercise

In the Law of Readiness – the teacher should motivate the learners so that they are ready in any type of classroom teaching methods.

In Law of Effect – the teacher should acknowledge the strengths of the learners.

In Law of Exercise – the teacher should conduct an exercise of what had been learned by the learners to retain it in their mines.

No comments:

Post a Comment